I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award which is actually really exciting for me! This was my first nomination for a blogger award, so it’s a big honor. To know that the effort I’ve been putting into this blog has been recognized and acknowledged feels wonderful 😀
I’d love to thank Harminder Singh, owner of The Pen Slave for nominating me. He is a wonderful writer, and his posts are so thought-provoking! His favorite quote to live by is “The only constant thing in life is change and there is no need to pressurize when you get stuck at one point. Just move on, you are not a tree.”. He puts his whole heart into what he writes and you can just sense the passion he has! You guys need to check out his page! Here is the link to his blog and the answers he gave to his Q&A 😀
What is it
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011! Wow! Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. How sweet is that! You could receive an award with a title like that on your blog!
All you’ve got to do is provide us with some facts about yourself and share your love of the blogging community! To do this, spread that love by nominating other bloggers who really hit you in the feels or that you just really enjoy reading and you think deserve such an award!
If you’d like to know even more about this award and the rules, click this link 🙂
Here are 10 random facts about me that will hopefully help us to connect and bond a little more!
1. I’ve been out of high school for 6 years and went to college for about 3 years total. I’ve studied Psychology, Education, Nursing and Biblical Studies. (Yeah, I’ve definitely been trying to explore my options :P) I never got a degree, but I plan to go back for my last class next semester to get my Associates in Liberal Arts with a Concentration of Psychology! (Yay, finally something to show for all that school time :P)
2. I’ve always been a bit of a sporty, active type. (Been a bit..lazy.. so not as much lately, but I’ll get there again! I hope…) I played basketball from 4th to 8th grade. Volleyball for a year in high school. Played softball constantly with my dad in the backyard growing up. And now I just love taking walks in the park whenever I can, and will always jump at the chance to play volleyball during cookouts and other family events!
3. Music runs in my family. For me, singing has always been one of my biggest passions. I used to be so nervous singing in front of others, but since I started going out to karaoke, I’ve gotten pretty comfortable with it. Now I’m actually auditioning to be in the worship band at my church this week! SO excited 😀
4. I love going to different stores and browsing for pretty, unique things. Whether it’s makeup, clothes or random knicknacks, I like finding things that will help me to explore new, creative possibilities.
5. I don’t watch much TV. I’ll occasionally put on House Hunters, Property Brothers or reruns of King of Queens, but aside from that I usually enjoy spending my free time working on different projects, hanging out with the people I love, or…shopping (duh :P).
6. I can watch beauty and lifestyle vloggers on Youtube all day. I’m easily reeled in by Hauls, Unboxings, Room Makeovers, Vanity Organizing, Travel Diaries etc.. I’m also hoping to have a Beauty & Lifestyle Youtube page of my own in the near future!
7. I lose everything. Now, I’m not saying that my things occasionally go missing. No, I mean majority of the time that I put something down, it won’t show up again until weeks later. And forget about my purse. Anything that goes in there (especially small stuff) vanishes completely, so..I’m trying not to put anything too valuable in it anymore..
8. I’ve never been out of the U.S. before. Actually, I live in New England, and the farthest I’ve gone in the US was probably Florida. I’ve always been in love with the idea of travelling because of this. Living and exploring pretty much the same areas my whole life, and then seeing how much more there is out there to experience has really inspired me to make travelling the world one of my goals.
9. Right now, I work as a Bakery Clerk and have learned how to decorate cakes, which I actually somewhat enjoy!
10. My absolute favorite food is Chicken Alfredo with Shrimp. I could literally eat it all day, every day. Especially the Alfredo at Olive Garden (Heart face), their sauce is so creamy and AMAZING.
Q & A
Here are my answers to the questions given to me by Haminder Singh:
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Blogging is my outlet to get creative. It is way to express myself. I’m able to surround myself with other fellow bloggers who have similar interests (Which is so much fun!) and gives us a way to support and encourage each other as we grow on our blogging journey!
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I went skiing! I love doing adventurous stuff, but jeez this was intense :O I literally went for the first time a couple years ago and I didn’t see any “beginner” hill…We got off the lift thing and I was just thrown right onto this big ol’ hill. I almost flipped over immediately after getting off the lift and dragged down the guy I was with at the time with me! (Hmm wonder why we’re not together anymore…) 😛 Even though I was terrified in the beginning, it was so much fun as I got used to it. I totally recommend you doing it at least once in your life!
3. What/who inspires you to travel this world?
I don’t really have one specific person that inspires me to travel. I’ve watched a bunch of Youtube videos and read articles of people that really wanted to experience the world, so they left their jobs, bought an RV or trailer and did it! And they did everything they could to make it work. I guess it’s those people that get out there and take a risk for what they want and end up being better because of it. I hope to be able to do the same one day.
4. What is that one post made by someone else (other than you, of course) that you like the most, and why?
Once I got to reading Harminder’s posts, I was just in awe at his beautiful writing skills and how he can take you to a certain place in your mind just through his words. You’ve seriously got to check out his latest post Graduation Serendipity (link to post here). This is one of my favorite posts because it gave me a sort of nostalgic feeling. It brought me back to the day when I graduated high school and all the mix of feelings I had. Being excited for starting a new journey, but realizing that I may never see these people again, people I spent almost every day with for 4 years. Its a bittersweet thing. And Harminder really paints a picture of that day and it’s so easy to relate to!
5. What do you like; Fiction/Non-Fiction and why?
I used to love Fiction so much. All the different stories that really get your imagination going! But I’ve noticed that the last few years I’ve been reading a lot of Inspirational, Self-improvement, Self-care books and I’ve really been enjoying and learning a ton from them! I think I’m so drawn to them lately because I’m at a stage in my life where I’ve been trying to grow and find myself more. So seeing others’ stories and being able to relate to others who are in the same boat as me is a great feeling in itself. And then seeing them have a positive outcome in the end are just so inspiring and make my heart so happy 😀
6. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
Definitely time management. I’m finding it a challenge to get posts out as often as I’d like to with other things getting in the way. I’m not so great at keeping up with a planner, but I feel that it’s definitely something I need to work on in order to keep up with my goals! So I accept the challenge (muscle arm)
7. If you have a book you re-read often, what is it? If not, what’s your favorite book?
I’ve re-read the book Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist multiple times! It’s my go-to book when I find myself getting burnt out trying to take a lot of things on at once. This book is about redirecting your path to one away from frantic living and toward your essential self, the one we were meant to be before trying to prove ourselves! It’s such a motivating, encouraging book!
8. Tell about any life-hack that changed your life or the one you find most fascinating.
Okay this one sounds pretty awesome. How many of us have random batteries laying around everywhere and can never tell if their used up or not? And then you try them out and can’t tell which one is the old one, or if they both are..it just gets frustrating and wastes so much time! So I found this hack and I don’t know about you but I’m definitely trying it out. So here you go…you’re welcome 😛
“Bounce batteries to see if their good or bad. Drop them on a table from about 6 inches. If they give one small bounce and fall right over, their good. If they bounce around anymore than that, they’re dead or on their way out.”
9.What quality in you, you feel, got you Nominated for this Award?
I’m not good at pointing out things like this about myself! But it could be because I’ve been trying to be consistent with my content, stay updated and trying to put in the effort to promote my blog? And well, I’d like to think that the posts are enjoyable to read?! I’m just glad and thankful that my blog was noticed and a blogger thought that it was deserving of an award at all 🙂
10. Do you have any phobia? If yes, What is it and how do you face it or tackle it?
I’m afraid of Porcelain Dolls. I watched way too many horror movies when I was younger. Those things creep me out like nothing else! It always looks like they’re staring at you or going to turn their heads toward you. You guys have to agree with me on this one, I mean come on! But honestly, I just make sure there’s no porcelain dolls in the house. Thankfully, you don’t really see them in stores much anymore, so I don’t have to deal with this one too much. Thank God.
11. Describe any embarrassing moment of your life and how did you take it?
When I first started working at the place I’m in now, one of the workers from another department came over to chat for a bit. It was going to be his birthday in a couple of days and he asked me how old I thought he was. I tried to play it safe and said “Thirty…(I was thinking around 33, 34) and he said…”Wooow, I’m 28”. I felt so bad lol So the next time I saw him, I apologized again and was like “Hey, thats not a bad thing for guys. That means you look more..manly!” I know he didn’t take it personally, but I was still slightly embarrassed by it lol
And the Nominees Are…..
- http://everything-in-between.co.uk/ (Megan Crehan)
- https://glitzyglamblog.wordpress.com/ (Andrea Swift)
- https://kidsontour.blog/ (Star Harford)
- http://dearcinthiagrace.com/ (Cynthia Grace)
- https://alincia12.wordpress.com (Aline Rosalie)
- https://freshstarteveryday.wordpress.com/ (Ju Schuermann)
- http://amyvictoriabaldwin.com/ (Amy Baldwin)
- https://keinsyblog.wordpress.com/ (Keina Gallardo Cutay)
Your Questions to Answer In Your Posts!
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
- What is your favorite thing about Blogging?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What is your favorite quote, and by whom?
- What are your top 3 places you’d like to travel to?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Do you have a favorite movie? If so, what is it and why?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your dream career?
- Do you play any sports/instruments? If so, what?
- What are your biggest fears?
I want to thank Harminder again for nominating me! And I wish all those I’ve nominated the best of luck!