Being nominated for this award is seriously such an honor. I was so surprised and elated when I found out that Samantha Marie nominated me! She’s a great Lifestyle and Beauty blogger, super creative and sweet! You’ve got to check her out! Here is the link to her Q&A answers 🙂
I’ve been blogging for a month now today actually! So, for someone to recognize my blog and feel that it is deserving of this award truly means the world to me! I’ve been really finding myself, more of the things I love, and more ways to express my creativity through this blog. I’m so thankful to all the people who have supported and encouraged me through this journey. I hope to just keep growing it and improving a little more every day!
1.Do you have any techniques to get you in the mood for writing posts?
For now, I’ve just been writing posts when I get inspired. I might see a video, picture, blog post that gives me an idea and I start working on a draft for a post! It’s not too hard for me to get in the mood to write one. When something inspires me, I get excited to jot it down. I guess the more difficult part for me is learning to get organized and manage my time well!
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
A few of my family members had been trying to get me to start blogging for a long time, but I wasn’t sure what I’d even blog about. But after years of watching YouTube beauty gurus and lifestyle vloggers and wanting so badly to be doing what they do, I finally just decided, maybe I can give this a go? I’m by no means a professional or “beauty guru”, I’m still just trying to build my makeup collection! But I know I’m inspired when I see others’ blogs and their creative content, and I can just hope that through my blog, others might feel the same!
3. What is your favorite season?
At this point? Fall. I used to love the Summer. Warm days, getting to spend time outside at the beach, the days seeming so much longer, nice tans (or burns). But after this year and how HOT it was? Like we all know summer is the hottest season, but boy..I couldn’t handle it. I didn’t even want to leave the house majority of the time! But Fall is always filled with beautiful colors, perfect weather, Hocus Pocus, and I mean come on…it’s BOOTS season 🙂
4. Have you travelled internationally? If so, where?
No, I wish 😦 I’ve always wanted to leave the States, but I just haven’t been able to afford it. I’m making it a point to at least go to Ireland and Greece at some point in my life though! And you guys who have travel blogs are so lucky you get to go all over the freakin place! I sit there looking at your gorgeous pictures, and wish you could just come get me and take me back with you 😦
5. What are your two holy grail beauty products?
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and Tarte Blush & Glow (Blush and Highlighter). I’ve tried so many other foundations before and this one literally beats every single one for me. And the Tarte Blush & Highlighter, I use it pretty much every day. I can’t get enough of it ❤
6. Are you named after anyone?
Haha yes actually. Have you ever heard of the show Step by Step? It was mainly around in the 90’s I think. One of the daughters in the family is named Dana. My older brother thought it’d be a nice name, my parents agreed, and decided to add a “y” for added femininity (Dana is actually a pretty common male name too, go figure!).
7. What is your favorite YouTube channel?
It’s honestly between Aspyn Ovard and Zoella. I think both of them are so fun to watch, and they’ve always got so much going on! That’s what inspires me the most. They’re both these ambitious boss babes that get stuff DONE/ They are also both so creative and give some great beauty and lifestyle tips! I could watch either of them all day.
8. What is the last book you’ve read?
I WAS actually working on a little book/workbook series with the guy I’m seeing. It’s called Love That Lasts by Jefferson and Alyssa Bethke. It’s a great book that really gets you communicating with your significant other and finding ways to love each other even better each day. Most times we’ll read a chapter and realize we’ve been talking about it for over an hour! It’s really an awesome read 🙂
9. What is the last movie you’ve seen?
I just saw IT last week and wow…wow…wow. I’ve never been so creeped out in my life. I saw most of the original IT movie and honestly, that was NOTHING compared to this one. It was done so well!
10. Coffee or tea?
Gosh, that’s a hard one. Can I say both? Like it depends on the time of day and what it is I need at that time. I’ll have a coffee in the morning and/or before work to give me that energy BOOST. And I’ll occasionally do up a tea at night to de-stress and calm down for bed!
11. What would be your advice to new bloggers?
I’d say, make sure you’re having fun with what you post. Don’t just post because it’s what others want to see (obviously keep that in mind a little too, but it shouldn’t be the main focus.) Also, try to figure out now what you’re wanting to accomplish through your blog, whether it’s just for fun, a sort of online diary, or if you’d like to actually make money through this. Once you figure that out, it will help you decide how much time you really need to devote to this to achieve your goals! Also, ENGAGE with other bloggers. Biggest piece of advice I can give you.
1. https://dawnwairimu.com/ (Dawn Wairimu)
2. https://motivatedhelenegbele.org/ (Helen Egbele)
3. http://www.businessandlifetips.com/ (John Mulindi)
4. https://bonfiremom.wordpress.com/ (Sarah Louise)
5. http://www.iamrichhanson.com/ (Richard Hanson)
6. http://eclecticindigogypsy8.com/ (Jessica Marin)
7. http://www.chicanddomestic.com/ (Tiara Irby)
8. http://www.cassidysadventures.com/ (Cassidy Slockett)
9. http://www.lifewithisabelle.com/ (Isabelle Weber)
10. http://www.bebeshamo.com/home/ (Shamira Solana)
11. https://www.burtsbowl.com/ (Rachel)
Questions for Nominees:
- How long have you been blogging for and what made you start?
- What is a food you enjoy that not many other people do?
- What is the one place you’ve always wanted to travel to?
- Are you outdoorsy or do you like cuddling up on the couch with a book more?
- What is your absolute favorite food/meal?
- Do you have any pets? What are they? Names?
- What is one thing you hope to accomplish in your life?
- Any big plans for Fall?
- What is your favorite season, and why?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Do you have any favorite books?
- Write a blog post thanking the person that nominated you, tag them in your post.
and also link the questions they answered in their post.
- In your post answer the 11 questions that were given to you.
- Nominate blogs who you think deserve the award and come up with 11 questions
for them to answer.
- Let them know that you nominated them by either social media or commenting on
- Make sure to list the rules on your blog and display a Sunshine Blogger Award
Logo in your post.
- Have fun and get creative.
Thanks so much for stopping by to read! I wish all the nominees the best of luck! ❤ Have a great day/night!